I have been so blessed by the Lord, it is amazing! I currently have 2 part time jobs and they are both in the same place, and about 1-2 mintue walk in between them. :)I work at a huge outlet mall about 30 mintues away from my house.
so in mid to late January, I started lookin around for jobs. I was trying to work in waller or hempstead, which are the closest towns to me and there fore I would not have to drive much. but it was just not working out. So my dad gave me the idea that I could work at the outlet mall. So I went there and picked up about 5-6 application, filled them out, and turned them back in. So when I got home from turning them all in ( I only turned in like 3) I told my mother where I had all applied at. The first two sounded reasonable, but the third one made no logical sense to my mom. I applied at Lane Bryant. ( for those of you who dont know what Lane Bryant is, it is a store for sizes 14-28 wide) at the time, I didnt know what Lane Bryant was,but when my mom told me that, I kinda laughed. She also told me that there was going to be no way I would get a job there. I am not that size or anywhere near it, and I am leaving in April.
Do you wanna guess who gave me my first job interview? yup, Lane Bryant. I was psyched! so I go in early ( haha for once!) and I am not five to ten minutes into the interview when she askes me about sundays. I tell her that I cant work sundays for because I go to chruch and because of my religion. Then she tells me sorry, cant hire you if you are not willing to work on Sundays. I was SO BUMNMED! wasted trip, I thought. not gonna get this job. Mary ( the person interviewing me) asked what was my religion. So i told her. Then she told me that all the empolyee are christian and all go to church, but still have to work. Mary told me that she can work around my church schedule but not give them all off. I cant be the expection to the rule.
and then I really thought i wasnt gonna get the job. after she finished with that, I thought the interview was over. cant work on sundays, no job. I was waiting for her to stand up and send me on my way... but she just sat there. so I did too. Mary then started to ask me about my previous jobs and what did I learn from them and stuff like that. Mary also asked my about my experience in the Dominican Republic and what did I learn most there. I thought... about this...mm... then I told her I came closer to my God and I learned patience.
After i was done talking, she started telling me about the job and what it all entails. by the end of the interview, she figured that she could use me as call in and put me where needed. Mary then pulled down her schedule and asked me if i could work valentines. I was so happy to say yes!!!
when I told mom this story, I blew her out of the water. she couldnt believe it! it made no logical sense to her.
I firmly believe that Heavenly Father had a hand in me getting this job. :)
but the story does not end there. a little while later, I had another job oppertunity open up. I was not getting the hours I needed at Lane Bryant I called this lady back to say I was interested. She did nto call me back, so when I went in for Lany Bryant I just dropped in and told Brittany at Osh Kosh that I was interested in the job. She told me that she would call me and set up a formal interview, but, she said, I would most likely get the job because she needed people.
I missed her calling me back, because I was working for my neighbor for a week who needed a hired hand to help her clean a single wide trailer.
When I got home from working over there, I listen to the voice message and Tia ( the other manager) told me I got the job and all i need to do is come in and fill out the paper work. I got another job!! and I didnt even have to be interviewed!!!! WAHOO!!!! YES!!!! I WAS SO SO EXCITED!
That day I called Osh Kosh to set up a time for me to come in. They told me any time on Friday would be fine. I told them I cant work on Sundays, they said thats ok, we have people that work on the weekends.
I was stunned at how easily I got this job, but the other one I had to work for it.
So when I go in to fill out the paper work I also tell them that I am leaving for school in April, but will be home in August. do you still want to hire me?
Brittany had to go check, so I waited.
she came back and told me,ya that will be no problem.
Then on my first day of work I also told her that I cant work monday nights for Family obligations or something like that. still no problem. ok that fine.
wow! I am blown away at how I came to have these two jobs. The Lord definietly had a hand in me landing these two jobs, same location and both ok with me leaving for school In April. AND, when I come back, I can work for them starting in August. :) how freakin' awesome is that?!?! happy sigh. :)
Things for BYU-Idaho seem to be lining up too. I foud a place to stay off campus, but right across the street and close to the building that I am going to be spending most of my time in.
Things are going great right now, and I am so happy!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment