So.. this is my first semester into my major. SO far... I like it! I like planting a whole bunch of plants and watching them grow under various conditions. I am learning alot about how plants can grow and in what kind of conditions. Its all very interesting and neat! The only thing right now I dont like are all the lab write ups. blah!! no fun!! :(
The funnest thing I am learning is all about flowers. I didnt think I would enjoy it because I thought it would be all about design and making it look "pretty." but, I am discovering is much more than that. hee hee I am constantly bringing home flower arrangements I made in class. My roommates love it. It brightens up the apartment! :) Then for my roommates birthday who was this last wednesday, I made her a beautiful small flower arrangement that had a deep pink lilies as the flower. It is so beautifull! AND... there are two more blooms that have not opened yet!! So we get to watch them open! yay!!! :)
Then... in July when I go home, I will have more Horticulture knowledge and hopefully be able to get a job in a nursery and get some experience. And... I can help my mom garden! and maybe carry out some experiments. mm.... its gonna be good. :)
except... the plant Identification classes are not gonna be easy. lots of memorization. sigh. Hopefully I will take those in the summer time, so I can go outside and study them! :)
Did I mention how much I LOVE summer time in Idaho! It is so amazingly beautiful! I think it makes up for the cold days. I live outside in the summer time. I only go inside if I have to.
My roommates laugh at how much I love plants. I get excited about plants. :) ah well, I guess that is the quirky part of me. :) ( i love smilies! :))
No comments:
Post a Comment