Saturday, September 20, 2008

beach clean up

Today a bunch of us went to a beach called Juan Dolio to pick up trash. Today I told is a national beach clean up day. So a bunch of people got together with black trash bags and walked the beach cleaning and picking up so much trash; mainly cigarette butts and styrofoam. it was crazy. oh... then at the end I went down to pick up so more trash and accdeintly flung sand into my eye. oh man did it hurt. so I quickly took of my gloves and glasses and was trying my best to take care of my eye. While I am trying to clean my eye out... this Dominican man comes up who is wearing a shirt that everyone got at the beginning to identify oursleves comes up and starts helping me with my eye. Then he did something totally unexpected that it took everyone by suprise including me. He held open my eye and then blew inside of it!! He did that four times, blowing inside my eye!!! but it seemed to work, my eye felt better! it was totally crazy!! holy moly! Soon after that we finished cleaning and then started playing! the water was beautiful, clear and the perfect temputure. :) we all had so much fun! especially Stephanie and I! We even found some really cool shells, coral and other odds and ends. I even found a complete huge conch shell in the ocean not to far from the beach, about kneeish deep. Then a little while later Stephanie found one smaller and while a hole but still way cool!! We found all sorts of shells on the beach and other cool stuff. Stephanie and I had a ton of fun hunting for treasures!! :) we are thinking of going back to that beach some day since it is not to far. Certainly much, much closer then Playa Rincon which is on the other side of the island and on a penninsula. OH!! we also bought some cool jewlery from some beach vendors. It was fun looking at all the cool stuff that they had. man! talk about being swamped and doted on! holy moly. Stephanie and I had fun lookin at all the cool stuff and of course buying it to. we spent all of our money, got the others buying stuff and spent most of all the money we had on the cool stuff. So I ended up buying some cool stuff and pickin up really cool stuff with Stephanie and guess what! that stuff was all free! I had a great day today and I didnt get burned as bad as I did the first time! YEA! only my arms, legs and face are red.... which will turn into a tan which I am totally fine with! ;) I am gonna have such an awsome tan when I get back. :)
chow!

No comments: