Slowly I am learning Spanish by lessons, and trying to converse with the people, especially at church. Stephanie and I had fun trying to talk to Moises, a young single adult. He knew little english and we knew little spanish and so with a spanish/english dictionary and hand motions we got thru. :) but not with out laughs and saying "un momento" many times when we had to look up a word. ;)
but we learned new words and how forgiving the Dominicans can be when you are trying to speak their language and mess it up! its fun. :) OH!! and i got to play the piano on Sunday during Relief Society!! I was SO EXCITED TO PLAY!!!! I practically jumped at the oppertunity to play! Then I played more after church. I loved it! It made my day to play the piano! I miss playing the piano everyday! The spanish hymns are so different, not only are the numbers different, but the arrangement of the music. The notes are in different places then in the english, which totally threw me! Probably because of the words. mm...
No comments:
Post a Comment